e-Participation for Socially Disadvantaged People
Inclusion and diversity in Taipei’s Social Housing deliberation process
- 2016 December 8 13:15
- 15 min
- Pitch corner (Iéna)
- To share process innovations from a non-partisan city hall
- To show how digital have-nots could share agenda-setting power
- To introduce design principles for assistive civic tech
How can civic tech facilitate empathy-building among socially disadvantaged groups — disaster victims; aborigines; homeless; mentally and physically handicapped people?
This talk chronicles our 9-month policymaking process jointly created by three Taipei city agencies:
- Social affairs bureau
- Department of information technology
- Civic participation council
Combining best practices from the French CNDP and Taiwan’s NDC, our methodology include joint fact-discovery with stakeholder groups; multi-modal presentation of shared reflections; and mixed-reality channels for accessible participation.
by LÜ, Chia-Hua
Convener of civic participation, Taipei City civic participation council; Co-designer of participation process, vTaiwan e-Rulemaking project; Director, Taiwan Youth Citizen’s Forum